It turns out that writing in proper title case can be important for a front-end developer, since there are often things on screen that need to appear as a title to convey importance: dialog headers, menu items, buttons labels, to name a few.
The problem is I had always dismissed it as something for school, academics or "real" writers, so I never bothered to learn the rules properly. This meant many distracting trips to https://titlecase.com/. Realising this, I used Emacs to make a quick way to convert something to title case without relying on my brain. This post is my journey on how I wrote that thing.